NYCC News (Miraculous Ladybug Roundtable 15) – Overly Animated Podcast #262

Dylan Hysen and Delaney Stovall discuss the BIG Miraculous Ladybug news announced at New York Comic Con!

1. req October 9, 2016 at 4:47 pm

The reason why Thomas Astruc denies even with it being obvious, is the fact that he made it a point that he won’t post spoilers ever. Even if he has to lie to preserve that. Also Lila pronounced lee-la and Delaney gives me a headache. She needs to get out of the phone and get in the studio.

• Dylan Hysen October 9, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Not sure what that last part means but Delaney has an accent which manifests in some words. And yeah I get the lying to preserve spoilers but it definitely seems pointless when your company is going to announce everything the next week.

2. Steve October 9, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Well I can imagine the girls all knowing each other identity and being their own little team, while Cat Noir doing his own thing, like they did for a while on Sailor Moon.

Well Alya and Chloe get their powers in the same episode I don’t know, all I do know typical in magical girls genre unless they all come together in the first episode, they get their powers in separate episodes.

I can imagine the Fox and the Bee being rivals to impress Ladybug.

• Dylan Hysen October 9, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Would love an Alya Chloe rivalry to impress Marinette.

• Steve October 9, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Actually before they find out each others identity, I love for Marinette again get frustrated with Chloe’s antics and say “if only she was more like the Queen Bee”. That would be hilarious.

3. SleepyButtons October 9, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Do you by chance have a link to all the photos you discuss in the podcast? I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

4. Steve October 9, 2016 at 9:57 pm

I haven’t thought about it, obviously since you guys haven’t read of watch Sailor Moon as you said in your emails, so you won’t get this reference.

I just realized if our three heroines hang out more with each other doing hero stuff, Sabrina is the Naru of the equation. Chloe would spend less time with her, and hang out with Mariette and Alya for from Sabrina’s prospective unexplained reasons.

Any of the other commenters understanding where I am coming from.

5. Steve October 10, 2016 at 12:14 am

Is Chloe’s kwami male? If Chloe is the queen bee, than the kwami is part of her hive and thus should be male. From the picture it looks male to me.

6. Ay Yo Ma October 17, 2016 at 9:12 pm

They hinted at the whole ‘Alya becoming a miraculous holder’ in the origins episode and none of us noticed.

• Ay Yo Ma October 17, 2016 at 9:35 pm

There is another mom in the series we know nothing about. Chloe’s mom is still a mystery too.

• Dylan Hysen October 17, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Good point! I’d love to see Chloe’s mom.