RE-LIVE THE EPIC REVEALS OF STEVEN UNIVERSE: THE HEART OF THE CRYSTAL GEMS, ARRIVING ON DVD AUGUST 14
Fans can also revel in new consumer product tie-ins from the ultimate moments in the 5-part arc
Fans everywhere can now take home the most talked-about adventure of the critically-acclaimed Cartoon Network original series when Steven Universe: The Heart of the Crystal Gems arrives on DVD August 14. The series will never be the same after the jaw-dropping revelations of this explosive story arc.
Including 5 episodes from last week’s linear event (one of which is extended) plus 5 additional episodes, this DVD collection allows viewers to revisit the moments when the Crystal Gems are falling apart over revelations about Rose Quartz and it’s up to Steven to bring the team back together. Steven Universe: The Heart of the Crystal Gems will retail for $14.97 SRP.
Additionally, fans can celebrate the emotional moments of Steven Universe: The Heart of the Crystal Gems through a limited consumer product collection including key chains, t-shirts, wristbands, socks and more, which will be available at retail beginning this month.
- Cartoon Network Enterprises created eight new t-shirt designs available now exclusively at the Cartoon Network shop.
- Bioworld will offer a t-shirt featuring the historic wedding between Ruby and Sapphire, wristbands and multiple sock varieties starting September 2018, all exclusively available at Hot Topic.
- Monogram will offer a broad assortment of 3D Foam Blind Bag Key Chains later this month including Steven in Tux Form, Pink Diamond, Blue Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Ruby Wedding outfit and Sapphire Wedding outfit, plus Steven and all of the gems.
Finally, two music tracks from select episodes are also available now for download from digital music stores including iTunes, Google Play and Amazon, as well as on all major streaming platforms including Spotify, Tidal, Pandora and others:
- Ruby Rider from the episode “The Question” featuring voice talent Charlyne Yi
- For Just One Day Lets Only Think About (Love) from the “Reunited” 22-minute special featuring voice talent/cast Zach Callison, Deedee Magno Hall, Michaela Dietz, Tom Scharpling, Shelby Rabara, Uzo Aduba
Cartoon Network’s Emmy-nominated Steven Universe revolves around Steven, the “little brother” to a team of magical aliens—the Crystal Gems—who defend the planet Earth. Steven is the son of the Crystal Gems’ late leader Rose Quartz and aging aspiring rockstar Mr. Universe. Steven belongs everywhere and nowhere: he has inherited his mother’s Gem and her magical powers, but also his father’s humanity and charm. The show is a slice-of-life action comedy that follows Steven as he attempts to bridge the gap between the sci-fi fantasy world of Gems and the cozy, funny, simple-yet-extraordinarily-complicated world of human beings. Steven Universe is created by Emmy and Annie Award-nominated writer and New York Times bestselling author Rebecca Sugar, and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.
Steven Universe: The Heart of the Crystal Gems DVD episodes:
1. Now We’re Only Falling Apart
2. What’s Your Problem?
3. The Question
4. Made of Honor
5. Reunited (22-minute special)
6. Bismuth (22-minute special)
7. Mindful Education
8. Storm in the Room
9. The Trial
10. A Single Pale Rose
About Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network is Turner’s global entertainment brand and the # 1 animation network in the U.S., offering the best in original content for kids and families with such hits as, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears and The Amazing World of Gumball. Seen in 192 countries and over 400 million homes, Cartoon Network is known for being a leader in innovation with its approach to engaging and inspiring kids at the intersection of creativity and technology. Its pro-social initiative, Stop Bullying: Speak Up is an acknowledged and often used resource for kids and adults looking for tools that can assist in dealing with the ongoing issue of bullying.
Turner, a WarnerMedia company, is a global entertainment, sports and news company that creates premium content and delivers exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data-driven insights and industry-leading technology. Turner owns and operates some of the most valuable brands in the world, including Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports.