Know Your Fusion (Steven Universe) – Overly Animated Podcast #232

Dylan Hysen, Delaney Stovall, and Michelle Anderer discuss the August 12th episode of Steven Universe, “Know Your Fusion”.

Dylan Hysen, a software developer from the DC area, hosts the Overly Animated podcast discussing everything animation.

1. Alex August 12, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Just wanna let you know I’m the one who posted the Reddit links to Sam’s art article. Glad to see it did some good, send my regards to her.

• Dylan Hysen August 12, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Thanks so much for posting all our links!

2. akp13 August 12, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Garnet and Pearl were both baking it wasn’t just Pearl, it was very cute. They like doing domestic activities together it seems, since they’ve baked cookies for Steven before.

Also I love Sardonyx. She and Smoky have the most interesting usage of their extra limbs, its very fun to see.

What I took away from the episode was that Smoky has some self confidence issues x2 because Steven and Amethyst have confidence issues.So as they grow, Smoky will also come into themselves and discover new things about themselves.

3. Steve August 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm

I am excited it is confirmed that Ruby and Sapphire have their own rooms, I really want to see that, especially Sapphire.

For me Earthling is number 1. Bizmuth is a great episode, but I don’t know where I rank it, in the top 5 for sure.

To be fair, I am more emotionally attached and care about characters like Lapis, Peridot, and Jasper much more than I am with Bizmuth, a character that has only appeared in one episode and I barely know. Tell am I the only one who feels that way?

4. Michipoo18 August 13, 2016 at 1:26 am

When I heard ‘clip show’, I thought it would do an ‘Utena’ lol. I feel like the inspiration for this episode came from the “game show” episode of Ergo Proxy. Here is a link for those interested. https://youtu.be/bvTnq96d8Mk

5. Michipoo18 August 13, 2016 at 1:41 am

Also, Sardonyx’s laugh reminded me that this amazing YouTube channel exists https://www.youtube.com/user/ohohojousama