Bubbled (Steven Universe) – Overly Animated Podcast #230

We discuss the Season 3 finale of Steven Universe, “Bubbled”.

Appearing: Dylan Hysen, Sam Quattro, Justin Cummings, and Michelle Anderer.

Dylan Hysen, a software developer from the DC area, hosts the Overly Animated podcast discussing everything animation.

1. Steve August 10, 2016 at 8:18 pm

So Rose killed Pink Diamond, I don’t know about you guys, but this war has more gray to it. Now I can sympathize with Homeworld soldiers just as much as I would Crystal Gem soldiers. It is not the good guy rebel Crystal Gem vs the evil Empire of Homeworld. Each side has their justification for fighting.

One other thing, I believe Friday’s episode is a clip show.

• Dylan Hysen August 10, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Interesting, what makes you think that? (that it’s a clip show) Is it anything other than the normal spoiler images we’ve seen? (be vague– no spoilers here)

• Steve August 10, 2016 at 8:25 pm

It is based on the spoiler images I saw, in the real world, in that type of setting, what is one of the things do they normally do? show clips. I think we are going to end this event on a fun little clip show. This is just my assumption, nothing has been confirmed.

• Dylan Hysen August 10, 2016 at 8:29 pm

True.. I’d be surprised if it was a straight clip show. I could see clips of things not from previous episodes. Also think we’re inferring a lot from one image, I don’t think that gag will last that long.

• Steve August 10, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Maybe but also the episode title “Know Your Fusion” this could be a Fusion showcase episode.

2. gurrenprime August 10, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Lion being PD does kinda make sense considering when Lion warped to the moon base the background was a giant pink diamond.

• gurrenprime August 10, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I think. Maybe. Too lazy to double check.

• Steve August 10, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I think Lion could be a reincarnation of Pink Diamond made from her gem shards.

3. Roy August 10, 2016 at 10:01 pm

I was thinking that PD’s shattering came at the end of the rebellion. Rose possibly did it out desperation. It’s what drove Homeworld to withdraw and drop the the corruption bomb.

Also to me Eyeball’s weapon looked like a chisel. Which is kind of chilling for a gem to use.

• Dylan Hysen August 10, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Agree, it’s a chisel which is yeah chilling.

4. Steve August 10, 2016 at 10:39 pm

No one seems to care we have a spaceship now, that is big. Pink Diamond in the past get over it, but a spaceship that will effect future episodes.

• Dylan Hysen August 10, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Yeah I forgot to mention this. They actually have a space ship now! This is a big deal!

5. Marquise August 10, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Oh should I be recommending fake titles?I wasn’t quite sure what you meant, but if I could throw in some suggestions I recommend “Steven’s super gamecube adventures”,”Secret team 2″, and “Beneath the crust”.Um…idk but there’s some suggestions I guess

• Dylan Hysen August 11, 2016 at 6:40 am

Yes, thanks! More fake titles just like this please anyone.

6. Tyrone Wells Jr. August 11, 2016 at 12:56 pm

It can’t be easy to watch an 11 minute show and expound on it for nearly an hour every day of the week for the past three weeks! But you did it! And I can’t think you enough, great work! It’s why you all are the best SU podcast/discussion team/fanHQ out there.

• Dylan Hysen August 11, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Thanks so much dude! Still 2 more nights to go.

7. Stuart Worthington February 20, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Commenting again! Nothing so serious as my last two. You guys were talking about how preposterous it was that Steven survived a couple of seconds outside his bubble in space, but it’s been well-documented that human beings can stay conscious and healthy for about 15 seconds before their body starts shutting down.

So, not that far-fetched.