Steven Floats & Drop Beat Dad (Steven Universe) – Overly Animated Podcast #207

Dylan Hysen, Justin Cummings, and Michelle Anderer discuss the two new episodes of Steven Universe on July 18, “Steven Floats” and “Drop Beat Dad”!

1. Steve July 18, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Well Dylan the real reason you didn’t like “Steven Floats”, in the end Steven thought of the gems and not Connie, heck Connie never even came up.

I do think focusing on the minor characters, but connected to Steven is what they do, I thought especially when we had all these mom centric episodes like “Nightmare Hospital”, “Onion’s Friend”, “Sadie’s Song”, that all plays a part to the lager story of Steven never meeting Rose, only not as obvious as “Lion 3: Straight To Video”, it is more shuttle.

I loved the Sour Cream / Yellow Tail hug, I just wish someone punched Marty, at least he gave Greg his royalty check.

• Dylan Hysen July 18, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Hmm, “no connie = bad episode”?? Kinda checks out… (except for Rose’s scabbard and a bunch of others)

• Steve July 18, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Well you know I am just kidding with you, but I know how much you love Connie as do I. I was thinking when Steven was thinking of stuff what made happy, I thought he was going to think of Connie.

• Dylan Hysen July 18, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Yeah that’s a good point! They could have easily done that as a romantic trope, but they definitely avoided it, hmm

2. Roy July 19, 2016 at 7:05 am

I liked how Steven’s superstrengh was no big deal compared to all of his other abilities. Any other young cartoon boy would have focused on that.

Also was this Ian’s last episode? He was one of the ravers struck down by the quacola.

• Dylan Hysen July 19, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Nice catch! I think Ian’s last episode was a few ago, but still in the general time frame of when he left yeah.

3. akp13 July 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm

All I could think about during Drop Beat dad was how poorly Sour Cream might age…Marty was not looking good there…

• Dylan Hysen July 20, 2016 at 5:40 pm

How old is Marty even supposed to be in this epi? Yeah he did seem old-looking.