Kuroyuri (RWBY) – Overly Animated Podcast #309

Dylan Hysen and Delaney Stovall discuss Chapter 10 of Volume 4 of RWBY, “Kuroyuri”.

Dylan Hysen, a software developer from the DC area, hosts the Overly Animated podcast discussing everything animation.

1. Marquise January 22, 2017 at 5:22 pm

I’m pretty sure the Grimm is a Nuckelavee…so not a horseman but a single entity from Orcadian mythology

• Dylan Hysen January 22, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Ooo interesting, I’d never heard of these guys before. Makes more sense if it’s one Grimm entity yeah.

2. gurrenprime January 22, 2017 at 6:48 pm

My death watch is this:
    Ren/Nora – all of JNPR are based on legendary/mythical heroes who have 2 things in common: cross dressing and dying. Pyrrha died like her basis Achilles. Nora is based on Thor, who dies against a Nordic beast; with this Grimm being based on something related to Norse mythology, it might be the most appropriate thing we know of right now to kill her. Ren is based on Mulan, who in some versions of the story commits suicide after losing her father: Ren losing Nora could potentially be a catalyst for that.
    Sun: he’s been bleeding out for a while now, and we haven’t checked back in on him. I have a feeling that his death could be the catalyst to get Blake back into action.
    Qrow: honestly, with how much effort they’re putting into saving him, having him killed off would feel kinda anticlimactic. I can still see it happening, but I can also see him having a recovery just in time for a deus ex machina.

3. Peter Coghill January 23, 2017 at 3:25 pm

At the end the village is in the distance of the shot. The strong implication is the horseman Grimm is heading to Kuro… No doubt not helped by Qrow’s companions bad luck. The scream is from the horseman. The Nevermores!!! (bloody bird) we just attracted by the terror.

I assumed that was Ren’s aura awakening for the first time – and he then awakened Nora’s.

The train really pissed me off. Why are they walking to Mistral if there are trains!!!!!

I still think due to nomimative determinism Jaunne Arc is in big trouble.

• Dylan Hysen January 23, 2017 at 3:33 pm

*crosses fingers* lol

• gurrenprime January 23, 2017 at 4:45 pm

While I like the “nominative determinism” idea, I can also see Jaune surviving a would-be deadly encounter after the rest of JNPR has died as a sort of meta-twist.

4. MrBabynova January 24, 2017 at 4:22 am

Did you hear about how Volume 5 is coming out this Fall? I guess Volume 4 is more set up for volume 5 than anything else if they are trying to push for two volumes a year now.

• Dylan Hysen January 24, 2017 at 8:09 am

Yeah I heard Fall. That could be the same timeline as this year though. They’ve been on a Fall-Winter airing pace last Volume and this one, so I don’t necessarily think that means it’s going to be out sooner than expected.

5. Kelley January 24, 2017 at 10:00 pm

This is a Nuckelavee which is very scary and the descriptions hold for what this thing is. Like a super demon. It is interesting because only entity able to control it is the Mither o’ the Sea Which is an ancient spirit that is basically Summer. So the 4 season maidens probably could control it… it can be killed by fresh water.